Enter the AAC, Mouser, and Maxim Integrated design contest to win your choice of three different development boards: the MikroElektronika Thermo 6 click board featuring MAX31875, the MAX31856EVSYS, or the MAX31865 evaluation kit. All entrants have until December 15th, 2017 to submit a design idea for a chance to win. We'll select 125 winners and these individuals will then have until February 5th, 2018 to submit a project documenting all aspects of the design using their chosen board. The top 10 design ideas will be selected and these winners will go on to develop their project. Each winner will create a one-minute video of their project by February 20th, 2018 to be judged for the grand prize. Judges from AAC, Mouser, and Maxim will pick the three ultimate winners of the design contest and announce them on February 28th, 2018.
Winners from the idea phase will win one of the three boards listed below ($120 value):
- MikroElektronika Thermo 6 click board featuring MAX31875
- Maxim MAX31856EVSYS
- Maxim MAX31865EVKIT
10 people from of the original 125 winners will be chosen to receive an additional Arduino kit as well as a MikroElectronica click shield.
After receiving their items, the 10 winners will create a one-minute video of their project to be judged for the grand prize. (Note: The Arduino kit and click shield do not need to be used in the final design of the project.)
Of the final 10 projects, three will be chosen for the grand prizes listed below:
- The 1st place grand prize winner will win a FLIR Scout TK Thermal Vision Monocular ($600 value)!
- The 2nd place winner will win a Broil Chef Star Wars TIE Fighter Gas Grill ($400 value)
- The 3rd place winner will win a Fluke 568 Infrared and Contact Thermometer ($360 value)
Take a look at the information below, get your creative juices flowing, and showcase your design creativity by entering this contest.
About the Boards / Kits
MikroElektronika Thermo 6 click board featuring MAX31875
Quickly prototype with this tiny board that features Maxim’s latest low energy temperature sensor, the MAX31875, which lies at the base of the thermometer image and is barely visible. The Thermo 6 click fits into any mikroBUS™ socket and the accompanying code allows you to be up, running and measuring temperature in minutes. Design, engineer, prototype and test your next system using the Thermo 6 click featuring Maxim's temperature sensor.
MAX31856EVSYS Evaluation System
Maxim's MAX31856EVSYS Evaluation System provides the hardware and software necessary to evaluate the MAX31856 thermocouple-to-digital converter. The evaluation system includes the MAX31856PMB1 peripheral module with a Pmod™-compatible connector for SPI communication. The system also includes the USB2PMB1 adapter board for communication with the software and a K-type thermocouple for temperature sensing. Here is an example program utilizing the MAX31856 mbed library. Learn more from the datasheet.
MAX31865 Evaluation Kit
Maxim's MAX31865 Evaluation Kit evaluates the MAX31865, a RTD-to-digital converter, using hardware and software (graphical user interface). The Evaluation Kit includes a USB-to-SPI interface installed along with a MAX31865APT+. Interacting the USB-to-SPI master section of the MAX31865 Evaluation Kit with the kit software shows the device's functionality. Kit contents include assembled circuit board including MAX31865ATP+ and USB-to-SPI circuitry, mini-USB cable, two 0.2in jumper wires, and a 1kΩ resistor. Learn more from the datasheet.
To Enter You Must:
- Login or Register with AAC to agree to the terms & conditions.
- Submit Your Project Idea. In 150-200 words, describe how you would use 1 of the 3 boards above, and enter it into the idea box below. The 125 best ideas will each receive one of the boards, free of cost, to make their project idea a reality
- Design and Build Your Project. Using your board, develop your project, making sure you adhere to the project requirements.
- Submit Your Completed Project. For the chosen top 10 projects, users will each receive an Arduino kit and a MikroElectronika click shield. You will then post a short video to YouTube demonstrating your project in action. Submit your video link and your project files through your AAC Blog. Make sure to add the tag #MakeWithMaxim to your post. Winners will be selected to win 1 of 3 Grand Prizes.