A full-GaN solution for high power density chargers and adaptersMay 23, 2022 by Infineon Technologies
White Paper Overview
The GaN technology opened up new approaches to meet the ever-increasing demand for high power density in adapters and chargers. While high-voltage GaN switches are commonly used, the potential of GaN on the secondary side has not been fully exploited yet.
In this white paper, you will:
- Get the latest design tips regarding the usage of GaN in adapters and chargers
- Read about the benefits of GaN devices used as SR switch
- Discover the upsides and downsides of each of the following topologies:
- Conventional flyback
- Active-clamp flyback (ACF)
- Hybrid flyback
- Get to know Infineon’s full GaN ACF evaluation board
- Charger designs
- Quasi-resonant flyback
- Active-clamp flyback
- The synchronous rectifier
Log in to All About Circuits
Already an All About Circuits Member?
Quickly login to access your account and downloads.