Rethinking Data Center SSDs for Real-World Workloads and Improved TCOMarch 30, 2023 by Swissbit
- SSDs in Data Centers
- Limitations of SSD Architecture
- Optimization for Your Workload
White Paper Overview
Are the solid-state drives (SSDs) in your data center suffering from inconsistent latency, intermittent latency spikes, significant performance drops after only weeks or months, and early device failures? Advanced high-performance applications, including virtual machines, AI and machine learning, or big data analytics, put stress on SSDs beyond what they experience in simplistic production tests designed decades ago for hard-disk drives (HDDs).
In this white paper from Swissbit, you will learn about a radical new approach to SSDs that improves performance, latency, and endurance. With an SSD solution that is commercially available today, you can improve your quality of service and reduce TCO.
- The current role SSDs play in the data center infrastructure
- Seven common SSD operational problems
- Real-world solutions to current data center needs