AMPHENOL ICC BASICS Minitek MicroSpace™ Connector System | New Product BriefOctober 26, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
AMPHENOL ICC BASICS Minitek MicroSpace™ Connector System
Amphenol ICC’s Minitek MicroSpace Connector System is a compact, robust, and versatile crimp-to-wire platform for automotive applications and other harsh environments.
The connector system is based on proven design controls and is compatible with LV214 Severity-2 requirements for use in automotive wire harnesses. MiniTek MicroSpace connectors are available in 1.8, 1.5, and 1.27mm pitch variants in single and double-row arrangements and with Poka-Yoke polarization to prevent mismatching.
Receptacle contacts are rated for up to 4A each and for up to 100 mating cycles depending on plating. Top and side latch configurations are available and the connectors integrate terminal and connector positioning assurance functionality to provide high vibration resistance and high connector locking strength.
- LV214 Severity-2 Compatible
- Pitch: 1.8mm, 1.5mm, 1.27mm
- 1.27mm: 2 to 16 contacts, staggered double-row
- 1.5mm/1.8mm: 2 to 15 contacts, single row
- Poka-Yoke polarization to prevents mismatching
- Contacts: up to 4A each
- Tin plating: 20 mating cycles
- Gold/GXT plating: 100 mating cycles
- Top and side latch configurations
- Terminal Positioning Assurance (TPA)
- Connector Positioning Assurance (CPA)
- High vibration and locking strength
- 4N normal force for vibration
- >75N connector locking strength
Visit Mouser.com for more information.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.