AMPHENOL PCD Stingray Magnetic Connectors | New Product BriefAugust 12, 2019 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
AMPHENOL PCD Stingray Magnetic Connectors
Amphenol PCD Stingray Magnetic Connectors are designed for body-worn devices used by first responders, security, and military personnel, including radios, headsets, and computers.
Stingray connectors feature a strong magnetic mating mechanism simplifying blind mating and allows users to quickly mate and unmate without damaging the connector. The connectors have a 90° cable exit that keeps the cable flat against the body to prevent looping and snagging, and the non-keyed, rotatable interface allows infinite adjustment of cable exit angle.
These connectors are IP68 sealed, have easily cleaned spring-loaded contacts, and rated for 5000+ mating cycles, ensuring long life in even the most challenging applications.
- Magnetic mating mechanism aids blind mating
- No coupling mechanism to operate allows quick mating/unmating
- 90° cable exit within the height of the connector eliminates loops and prevents snagging
- Non-keyed, rotatable interface allows infinite cable exit angle adjustment
- IP68 sealed prevents dust and moisture ingress
- Wipe-clean spring loaded contacts
- 5000+ mating cycle durability
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.
- How Silicon Photonics Are Helping Data Centers Keep Up with the IoT, Big Data, and Cloud Computing
- Track Overhead Flights with a Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless, a Software Defined Radio, and FlightAware
- High Definition, Low Delay, SDR-Based Video Transmission in UAV Applications
- Wire Self Inductance Calculator