Analog Devices Inc. Battery Management PMIC | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Analog Devices Inc. Battery Management PMIC
Analog Devices ADP5360 Battery Manager PMIC integrates charging, monitoring, protection, and output regulation in a single IC, providing advanced battery management for wearables and other portable consumer or medical devices.
THE ADP5360 includes a high accuracy linear charger for lithium-ion and lithium polymer batteries, with a programmable charge terminal voltage and charge current up to 320mA. The charger operates from a supply up to 6.8V and is tolerant to up to 20V, providing headroom to tolerate spiking during USB connect and disconnect.
The IC includes a voltage-based fuel gauge that reports real-time battery state-of-charge and provides battery protection, while integrated buck and buck-boost regulators can be set to output from 0.6V to 5.5V. The ADP5360 also includes a supervisory circuit to monitor the output.
- Linear battery charger for Li-ion and Li-poly batteries
- High accuracy and programmable charge terminal voltage and charge current up to 320mA
- VBUS operating voltage: 3.9V to 6.8V
- Tolerant to 20V to handle USB connect/disconnect spikes
- Voltage-based fuel gauge with real-time state-of-charge reporting
- Buck: 0.6V to 3.75V output
- Buck-boost: 1.8V to 5.5V output
- Supervisory circuit monitors output voltage and provides a power-on reset signal to the system
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.