Analog Devices Inc. Dual Step-Down Regulator | New Product BriefMay 25, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Analog Devices Inc. Dual Step-Down Regulator
Analog Devices’ LT8653S is a compact and high efficiency dual step-down switching regulator that leverages the second-generation Silent Switcher architecture for low EMI. The LT8653S provides two outputs and can drive up to 2A on each channel simultaneously or up to 3A on either channel.
The regulator operates from a 3.0V to 42V input and output voltages can be set via resistor dividers or by pin selection of fixed values for a reduced BOM. The Silent Switcher 2 architecture includes integrated bypass capacitors to minimize layout sensitivity and deliver ultralow EMI with high efficiency and high switching frequencies on any PCB.
Switching frequency is adjustable and synchronizable from 300kHz to 3MHz, or the regulator can be set to an internal 2MHz switching frequency with fast compensation.
- 2A DC from Each Channel Simultaneously
- Up to 3A on Either Channel
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.0V to 42V
- Output voltage set via resistor dividers or pin selection (1.8V/3.3V/5.0V)
- Silent Switcher®2 Architecture for ultralow EMI without PCB layout sensitivity
- High efficiency: 94.1% at 1A, 5VOUT from 12VIN at 2MHz
- Switching frequency: 300kHz to 3MHz
- Internal 2MHz fSW with Fast Internal Compensation
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.