Analog Devices Inc. Miniature MEMS IMU | New Product BriefJune 25, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Analog Devices Inc. Miniature MEMS IMU
Analog Devices’ ADIS16500 Precision, Miniature MEMS IMU are a simple and cost-effective solution to provide accurate, multi-axis sensing in industrial systems operating over a broad range of conditions.
The ADIS16500 includes a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer combined with integrated signal conditioning for optimized dynamic performance. The IMU is production tested and factory calibrated for sensitivity, bias, and alignment, ensuring accurate measurements and reducing system integration time. It outputs sensor data as well as calculated delta angle and delta velocity values over an SPI compatible interface, which can also be used to program various settings to control the IMU’s operation.
The ADIS16500 operates from a single 3.0V to 3.6V supply and is housed in a 100-ball BGA package.
- Gyroscope: 3-axis, digital, ±2000°/sec dynamic range
- Accelerometer: 3-axis, digital accelerometer, ±392 m/sec2 dynamic range
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, alignment, linear acceleration (gyroscope), and point of percussion (accelerometer)
- Outputs: gyroscope, accelerometers, calculated delta angle and delta velocity
- SPI compatible data communication
- Single-supply operation (VDD): 3.0 V to 3.6 V
Visit mouser.com for more information.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.