Analog Devices Low Power Analog Front End
Analog Devices AD5940 High Precision, Low Power Analog Front End is designed for measuring skin impedance, body impedance, and for electrochemical toxic gas sensing. The AD5940 integrates two excitation loops and one common measurement channel and is capable of low-power and high-speed measurements for use with different sensor types.
The measurement channel features a 16-bit, 800ksps ADC, with an input MUX connected to internal and external current and voltage channels as well as internal channels, while an ultra-low leakage programmable switch matrix connects the sensor to the analog excitation and measurement blocks.
The device also integrates amplifiers, hardware accelerators, voltage references, and 6KB of SRAM to store measurement commands and results.
- Voltage, current, and impedance measurement capability
- 1x 0.2V to 2.4V dual output voltage DAC
- 1x high speed, 12-bit DAC
- Analog input
- 16-bit, 800kSPS ADC
- Internal and external current and voltage channels
- Ultra-low leakage switch matrix and input mux
- Integrated amplifiers, accelerators, and voltage references
- 6kB SRAM partitioned for data storage and pre-programmed sequences
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.