Cypress Semiconductor BR/EDR/BLE Bluetooth 5.0 SoC | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Cypress Semiconductor BR/EDR/BLE Bluetooth 5.0 SoC
Cypress Semiconductors’ CYW20721 is a tiny Bluetooth 5.0 SoC optimized for audio, IoT, sensing, and human interface devices.
The CYW20721’s Bluetooth subsystem includes the MAC and PHY with support for multiple operating modes, including LE data rates up to 2Mbps. The MCU subsystem is based on a 96MHz Arm Cortex-M4 that runs the application code and Bluetooth stack.
The MCU can execute from the 512KB of RAM or 1MB of flash, and the Bluetooth stack is stored in a separate 2MB ROM to preserve the flash for application use. The MCU has multiple audio interfaces, including an available analog front end for an along microphone.
The CYW20721 is optimized for low power consumption and is offered in QFN and WLCSP packages.
- Bluetooth™ subsystem: supports BR, EDR up to 3Mbps, and BLE up to 2Mbps
- MCU subsystem: 96MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4
- Memory: 512KB RAM, 1MB Flash, 2MB ROM (for Bluetooth stack)
- Audio Interfaces: 1x I2S with master and slave modes, 1x PCM, PDM, analog front end (WLCSP only)
- 5 power modes for low power consumption
- 0.4µA in HID-Off mode
- 1.62V to 3.63V operating voltage
- Packages: 5mm x 5mm QFN-40, 3.2mm x 3.1mm WLCSP-134
Visit mouser.com for more information.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.