Maxim Integrated ChipDNA Secure ARM Cortex-M4 MCU | New Product BriefDecember 20, 2019 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Maxim Integrated ChipDNA Secure ARM Cortex-M4 MCU
Maxim’s MAX32520 ChipDNA Secure Microcontroller uses Maxim’s DeepCover embedded security to protect sensitive data and provide secure key storage.
The MAX32520 includes a secure element with Maxim’s patented ChipDNA PUF technology, which uses the random variation in the IC to generate a unique and repeatable output that is used to cryptographically secure device data and firmware.
The MCU is based on an Arm Cortex-M4F that operates at up to 120MHz and supports execution from the 2MB PUF encrypted flash with low latency on-the-fly decryption. The MCUs support secure boot and include cryptographic accelerators, hardware true random number generators, and tamper monitoring.
Maxim’s MAX32520 MCUs also offer power management features that maximize battery life.
- PUF-based keys for internal flash encryption and strong device authentication
- Arm Cortex-M4F operating at up to 120MHz
- 2MB PUF Encrypted Flash Memory with Cache
- Execution from encrypted flash with low latency on-the-fly decryption
- Secure boot, AES, SHA, and ECDSA accelerators, FIPS/NIST compliant true random number generators
- Power management maximizes battery life with clock gating, power gating, registers, and memory retention modes
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.