Maxim Integrated Reference Design | New Product BriefFebruary 19, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Maxim Integrated Reference Design
Maxim Integrated’s MAXREFDES220# is a reference design for prototyping finger-based heart rate and blood oxygen saturation monitors using the MAX30101 and MAX32664.
The MAX30101 is a heart rate monitor and pulse oximeter module in a tiny optical package and offers ultra-low power consumption for use in mobile devices.
The MAX32664 is an ultra-low-power biometric sensor hub with Maxim-licensed firmware that includes the algorithms for calculating heart rate and blood oxygen saturation. The board also includes a 3-axis accelerometer to compensate for motion artifacts in the measurement.
The board plugs into the included MAX32620 development board to process the data and transmit it for review on the Maxim DeviceStudio software.
- MAX30101 Heart Rate Monitor and Pulse Oximeter
- 5.6 mm × 3.3 mm × 1.55 mm 14-Pin Optical Module
- Ultra-Low Power Operation: < 1mW
- MAX32664 Biometric Sensor Hub
- I2C communication with host controller
- Maxim-licensed firmware provides biometric algorithms
- Secure firmware updates authenticated by dedicated bootloader
- 3-Axis Accelerometer to compensate for motion artifacts
- Includes MAX32620FTHR development board for use as host
- Connect to PC via USB to collect and review data in Maxim DeviceStudio software
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.