MICROCHIP AgileSwitch® 2ASC-12A1HP SiC Gate Driver Core | New Product BriefOctober 26, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
MICROCHIP AgileSwitch® 2ASC-12A1HP SiC Gate Driver Core
Microchip’s AgileSwitch 2ASC-12A1HP is a dual-channel software configurable silicon carbide gate driver core that enables better control and protection of power systems based on 1200V SiC MOSFETs.
The gate driver core features patented Augmented Turn-Off technology that allows it to turn the SiC MOSFET off in precise, programmable stages. The switching profile can be fine-tuned using the AgileSwitch Intelligent Configuration Tool to improve efficiency, eliminate false faults, and reduce EMI and ringing.
The device can output up to 10A peak current per channel and offers a programmable VGS gate voltage ranging from -5V to +21V. The AgileSwitch 2ASC-12A1HP has isolated temperature and high voltage monitoring as well as programmable settings for desaturation detection, dead time, fault lockout and automatic reset.
- Patented Augmented Turn-Off™: enables precise and programmable control of device turn-off in stages
- AgileSwitch Intelligent Configuration Tool: fine-tune switching profile
- Improves efficiency, overshoot, ringing, short-circuit protection
- Dual channel: 3W/10A per channel
- Programmable VGS gate voltages
- +Vgs: +15V to +21V
- -Vgs: -5V to 0V
- Isolated temperature and high voltage monitoring (PWM)
- Programmable settings: desaturation detection, dead time, fault lockout, automatic reset
Visit Mouser.com for more information.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.