Molex MultiCat Mid-Power Connectors | New Product BriefJuly 24, 2019 by Mouser Electronics
These lightweight and compact connectors are ideal for wire-to-wire and wire-to-board applications.
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Molex MultiCat Mid-Power Connectors
Molex MultiCat Mid-Power Connectors are lightweight and compact for wire-to-wire and wire-to-board applications.
These connectors feature precision machined contacts with a large mating surface, providing low contact resistance and a current rating of 6.5A per contact. The contacts are rated for 500 mating cycles and resistant to damage in blind-mate application.
Connectors are available with 8 or 20 positions and have 2 keying options, 2 housing color options, and polarization incorporated in the latch to ensure correct assembly. The housings also feature connector position assurance which will only actuate with fully mated connectors, and a two-piece hermaphroditic backshell securing the cable and provides strain relief while allowing for quick mating and unmating.
- Precision machined contacts
- Contact resistance: 10mΩ
- Current rating: 6.5A per contact
- Solid mass contact
- Durability: 500 mating cycles
- Resists blind-mate damage
- 8-circuit and 20-circuit connectors available
- 2 keying options, 2 housing colors, and polarization in the latch ensure correct assembly
- Connector Position Assurance
- Only actuates when fully mated
- Prevents latch disengagement
- Two-piece hermaphroditic backshell
- Secures cable, provides strain relief
- Allows quick mating and unmating
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.