NXP RF Power GaN Transistor | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
NXP RF Power GaN Transistor
NXP Semiconductors’ MRF24G300HS is a 300W Continuous Wave GaN transistor that exceeds the efficiency of magnetrons and is designed for industrial, scientific, and medical applications operating at 2450MHz.
The transistors are fabricated using an advanced GaN-on-SiC process, combining the high power density of GaN and the high thermal conductivity of SiC. The device can operate at a drain efficiency as high as 73% and is characterized for use in CW, long pulse, and short pulse applications.
The input is matched for simplified input circuitry, while the inherently high output impedance simplifies matching and eliminates the need to manually tune during production.
The MRF24G300HS can be used in single-ended or push-pull configurations and features simplified gate biasing to further reduce design complexity.
- GaN-on-SiC for high power density and excellent thermal conductivity
- Thermal Resistance: 0.52℃/W
- Drain efficiency (P1dB): 73% typical
- Characterized for use in CW, long pulse (several seconds), and short pulse applications
- Input matched for simplified input circuitry
- High output impedance provides consistent output matching
- Eliminates manual tuning during production
- Simplified gate-biasing reduces design complexity
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.