SAMTEC Tiger Eye IDC Ribbon Cables | New Product BriefJanuary 23, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
SAMTEC Tiger Eye IDC Ribbon Cables
Samtec FFSD and FFMD Tiger Eye flat IDC ribbon cables are micro-pitch cable assemblies for use in high reliability and high mating cycle applications. The connectors are based on Samtec’s rugged Tiger Eye contact, which uses a multi-finger design for contact reliability and smooth mating surfaces that extend plating life.
The cable assemblies are available with socket and plug terminations with a 0.05” pitch and a low profile of 0.2.” They’re offered with 4 to 50 positions, with options including strain relief, daisy chain, reverse wiring, and more.
Samtec FFSD and FFMD Tiger Eye flat IDC ribbon cables are rated for operation up to 105°C and have current ratings up to 2.5A per pin.
- Tiger Eye Contact
- Multi-finger beryllium copper contacts for high reliability
- Smooth plating surfaces for extended plating life
- Socket (FFSD) and Plug (FFMD) termination options
- .050" (1.27mm) pitch IDC systems
- Mates with .016" (0.41mm) square post terminal strips
- Exceptionally low profile: .200" (5.08mm)
- Connector options
- 4 to 50 positions
- Strain relief, daisy chain, reverse wiring, and more
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- FFMD series: 2.5A per pin
- FFSD series: 2.3A per pin
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.