STMICROELECTRONICS BlueNRG-LP BLUETOOTH® Low Energy Wireless SoC | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
STMICROELECTRONICS BlueNRG-LP BLUETOOTH® Low Energy Wireless SoC
STMicroelectronics’ BlueNRG-LP is an ultra-low-power programmable Bluetooth Low Energy Wireless SoC that enables BLE connectivity for applications including home and industrial automation, smart lighting, fitness and wellness devices, security, and mobile phone peripherals.
The BlueNRG-LP includes a 64MHz Arm Cortex-M0+ microcontroller, high-speed and flexible memories, and the BlueNRG core DMA-based coprocessor, which handles Bluetooth Low Energy timing critical operations. The device is Bluetooth 5.2 certified, supporting 2Mbps data rates, long range communication, advertising extensions, and more. The radio offers very high sensitivity and an output that’s programmable up to +8dBm.
It also provides ultra-low power operation, with low current consumption in active and low-power modes. The BlueNRG-LP is offered in various compact packages and is available with up to 32 I/Os.
- 64MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0+
- Memories: 256kB Flash, 64kB RAM, 1kB OTP, 7kB ROM
- BlueNRG Core DMA-Based Coprocessor: Bluetooth Low Energy timing-critical operations
- Supports Bluetooth 5.2 specifications
- 2Mbps data rate, Long range (coded PHY), advertising extensions, channel selection algorithm #2, GATT caching
- RX sensitivity: -97dBm @ 1Mbps, -104dBm @ 125kbps
- TX power: programmable up to +8dBm
- Ultra-low power radio performance:
- Low power modes down to 10nA (SHUTDOWN, 1.8V)
- TX: 4.3mA peak (@ 0dBm, 3.3V)
- RX: 3.4mA peak (@ sensitivity level, 3.3V)
- Packages (I/O count): QFN48 (32), QFN32 (20), WLCSP49 (30)
Visit mouser.com for more information.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.