TDK PiezoListen Ultra-Thin Piezo Speakers | New Product BriefOctober 27, 2019 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
TDK PiezoListen Ultra-Thin Piezo Speakers
TDK PiezoListen Ultra-Thin Piezo Speakers leverage proprietary lamination and material technologies to deliver richer audio at higher levels than other piezoelectric speakers.
With sizes as small as 20mm x 10mm x 0.49mm thick, PiezoListen can be used in the most space-constrained designs. The speakers are designed to be attached directly to displays or enclosures, with a 1kHz to 20kHz operating range and 80dB max SPL.
TDK’s piezoelectric technologies made it possible to achieve an ultra-thin body while maintaining a high displacement and high SPL, and the PiezoListen lineup can cover a broad range of applications.
The speakers also provide more acoustic design freedom as the piezo element is flexible and attached to an FPC electrode.
- Speakers as small as 20mm x 10mm x 0.49mm
- Weighs less than 1.0g
- Can be attached directly to OLED and LCD displays or enclosures
- 1kHz to 20kHz frequency range
- Max sound pressure level (SPL): 80dB
- TDK’s piezoelectric technologies made it possible to achieve an ultra-thin body while maintaining a high displacement and high SPL
- Expandable lineup for a broad range of applications
- Flexible acoustic design while maintaining existing set design
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.