TE Connectivity Automotive Heat Shrink Tubing | Tech Specs
This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
TE Connectivity Automotive Heat Shrink Tubing
TE Connectivity's BATTU tubing has a semi-rigid outer jacket for protection against abrasion and bending, while a thermoplastic adhesive inner wall bonds to a variety of materials and forms a moisture-resistant seal.
The tubing is also flame retardant, can withstand common automotive fluids, and used in temperatures from -40 to +130 degrees Celsius, making it well-suited for many kinds of vehicles, heavy equipment, and marine applications.
TE Connectivity BATTU tubing has an approximate 2:1 shrink ratio and sized for typical power cables and terminals. It’s rated for 600 volts and offered in common pre-cut lengths for fast and efficient assembly.
- Semi-rigid polyolefin jacket protects against abrasion and bending
- Thermoplastic adhesive inner wall melts and flows to form moisture-resistant seal
- Flame-retardant per ISO6722, withstands common automotive fluids
- -40°C to +130°C operating temperature
- Sized for typical power cables (16-120mm2/ 6 AWG to 4/0 AWG)
- 32mm to 102mm pre-cut lengths or 1.22m sticks
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.