TE Connectivity Sliver Connectors | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
TE Connectivity Sliver Connectors
TE Connectivity’s Sliver Connectors are multi-lane high-speed connectors that provide the density and performance needed for use in servers and storage systems.
The connectors meet the performance requirements for modern and future protocols and are rated up to 56G PAM-4. Sliver connectors are available with 56 to 168 positions on a 0.6mm pitch and provide designers up to 16 lanes.
The connectors have been chosen as the next industry standard flash storage connector and can be used to replace many form factors including M.2, U.2, and PCIe. Vertical, right-angle, and edge connectors are available, as well as connectors for optical cables.
- Meets requirements for PCIe Gen3/4 (8G/16G), SAS-3/4 (6G/12G/24G), Ethernet (10G/25G per lane), and Infiniband (28G)
- Expected to meet IEEE & OIF 56Gbps, PCIe Gen5, and SAS-5 requirements
- Sizing options: 1C (x4), 2C (x8), and 4C/4C+ (x16)
- Next industry-standard flash storage connector
- Alternative or replacement for form factors including M.2, U.2, and PCIe
- Vertical, right-angle, and PCB card edge configurations
- Options for copper or optical cable
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.