Texas Instruments CapTIvate Mixed Signal MCUs
Texas Instruments MSP430FR2670 series MCUs are ultra-low-power MCUs with CapTIvate Touch Technology for capacitive touch sensing applications.
CapTIvate technology is an integrated and autonomous touch-sensing solution supporting self- and mutual-capacitive electrodes in the same design. The MCUs also offer a high level of noise immunity and can be used with metal touch or in water rejection designs as well as other harsh environments.
The MCU is based on a powerful and efficient 16-bit RISC architecture that can operate from supplies down to 1.8V, with low current consumption in active and low-power modes. This is complemented by up to 64KB of low-power, nonvolatile FRAM with built-in ECC and configurable write protection.
The MCUs also feature a full peripheral set including enhanced serial communications and high-performance analog functionality.
- CapTIvate technology
- Supports self- and mutual-capacitive electrodes in the same design
- Fast electrode scanning with four simultaneous scans
- Built-in spread spectrum, automatic tuning, noise filtering, and debouncing algorithms
- Support for metal touch and water rejection designs
- Ultra-low-power operation
- 1.8V to 3.6V supply
- Active mode: 135µA/MHz
- Low-power modes down to 37nA
- Up to 64KB of nonvolatile, low-power FRAM
- Built-in ECC
- Configurable write-protection
- Intelligent peripherals
- Serial communication: UART, IrDA, SPI, I2C
- ADC: 12 channel, 12-bit, 200ksps
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.