Vishay IL420 and IL4208 Optocouplers | Tech SpecsOctober 20, 2020 by TTI, Inc
This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Vishay IL420 and IL4208 Optocouplers
Vishay’s IL420 and IL4208 optocouplers have a non-zero crossing phototriac output and isolate low-voltage logic from AC mains voltage to control loads such as motors, solenoids, high current thyristors, TRIACs, and relays.
Both have multiple safety agency approvals, with the IL420 rated to block 600 volts while the IL4208 is rated to block 800 volts, controlling offline voltages up to 380 volts AC. The optocouplers are designed to trigger with an input current less than 2 milliamps, allowing most microcontrollers to directly drive the input, and they employ a proprietary clamp circuit that provides a high static dV/dt.
The IL420 and IL4208 are housed in a compact 6-pin DIP or SMD package, with various lead spacing and board clearance options.
- Agency approvals: UL, cUL, CQC, VDE
- 600V (IL420) or 800V (IL4208) blocking voltage to control offline voltages up to 380VAC
- High input sensitivity: IFT = 2 mA, allows direct control by most MCUs
- Very low leakage: < 10 µA
- 10 kV/µs static dV/dt for use in industrial applications and other noisy environments
- Small 6-pin DIP or SMD package with multiple lead spacing and PCB clearance options
Click here for more information.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.