XILINX FPGA KCU116 Evaluation Kit | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
XILINX FPGA KCU116 Evaluation Kit
The Xilinx Kintex® UltraScale+™ FPGA KCU116 Evaluation Kit targets the UltraScale+ XCKU5P FPGA and is ideal for evaluating its 28Gbps transceiver performance. The Kintex UltraScale+ family balances price, performance, and power consumption and is a very cost-effective solution for high-end FPGA applications. The XCKU5P device has 475k logic cells and 1824 DSP slices as well as 16 GTY 32.75Gbps transceivers connected to the HPC FMC connector, the PCIe interface, and the zSFP+ connectors on the evaluation board. Further expansion is possible using the two PMOD connectors. The evaluation board also provides 1GB of DDR4, 64MB of Quad SPI Flash, a micro SD slot, an HDMI Codec and port, and a gigabit ethernet interface. The kit includes a node- and device-locked license for the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite to accelerate development.
- XCKU5P FPGA
- 475k logic cells
- 1824 DSP slices
- 16 GTY Transceivers
- GTY Transceivers: 32.75Gbps
- HPC FMC (4x transceivers)
- 8-lane PCIe Gen4 Capable (8x transceivers)
- 4 zSFP+ connectors (4x transceivers)
- 1GB DDR4 (two 256Mb x 16 devices)
- 64MB Quad SPI Flash (two 256Mb devices)
- HDMI output codec with HDMI type-A connector
- Ethernet PHY SGMII interface with RJ-45 connector
- Xilinx Vivado Design Suite: Node-locked and device-locked to the XCKU5P FPGA
- Includes 1 year of updates
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.