Renesas RA4W1 32 bit Microcontroller (MCU) Family for Bluetooth 5.0August 30, 2020 by Future Electronics
The Renesas RA4W1 microcontroller group is the first 48MHz Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 compliant single chip MCU.
Compliant with 2Mbit High-Throughput (HT) and Long Range support, the RA4 product series is perfect for IoT applications that require a high-performance Arm® Cortex® M4 core at a very attractive price point.
The Renesas RA4W1 series is built on a highly efficient 40nm process and is supported by an open and flexible ecosystem concept called Flexible Software Package (FSP), which uses the FreeRTOS as a base. The RA4W1 32 bit microcontroller is geared towards IoT applications requiring security, large embedded RAM and low power consumption.
About the RA4 Series by Renesas
The RA4 Series bridges the needs for reasonable low power with the demand for connectivity and performance. These Renesas MCUs deliver up to 48MHz of CPU performance using an Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with up to 256kB of embedded flash memory. The RA4 series offers a wide set of peripherals, including USB, CAN, ADC, capacitive touch, a segment LCD controller, and additional security IP integration, making it suitable for industrial equipment, home appliances, office equipment, healthcare products, and meters.
- Security (Fire Detection, Burglar Detection, Panel control)
- Metering (Electricity, Automated Meter Reading)
- Industry (Robotics, Door Openers, Sewing Machines, Vending machines, UPS)
- Health and Wearables Body Sensors
- Smart Home and Remote-Control Toys
- 48MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4
- 512kB Flash Memory and 96kBSR AM
- 8kB DataFlash to store data as in EEPROM
- 7x7 mm QFN 56 pin package
- Capacitive Touch Sensing Unit
- Segment LCD Controller
- USBFS 2.0 Full Speed
- CAN 2.0B
- SCI (UART, Simple SPI, Simple I2C)
- SPI/ I2C Multimaster Interface
- 2.4 GHz Radio with BLE 5.0 and BLE Mesh
- LE 1M, 2M, Coded PHY, and LE Advertising Extension
RA4 Microcontroller Family Benefits
- Full functionality of BT5 along with the high-performance processing and superior power efficiency.
- High Throughput and Long-range support
- Integrated Secure Crypto Engine with several cryptography accelerators and Key management.
- Large 96kB embedded SRAM suitable for handling communication stacks.