Terms of ServiceDefinitions:
"You/Your" means You, the user of the facilities here at All About Circuits, "We/Us/Our" means the All About Circuits owners and moderators.
The "Terms of Service" detailed in this document shall apply to Your use of the "All About Circuits Forums" located at http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/index.php and its related domains "The All About Circuits Site" located at http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/ including all sub-domains of these sites.
By using the All About Circuits Forums and the All About Circuits Site You agree to be bound by the Terms of Service detailed below.
As part of Our commitment to ensuring the All About Circuits Forums provide the best possible experience for Our members, We welcome your comments on any of the policies or rules set out below. To provide feedback please use the Feedback and Suggestions Forum, or by contacting Us through the Contact Us section of the All About Circuits Forum.
IMPORTANT - ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS DISCLAIMER:
By using the facilities here at the All About Circuits Forums and All About Circuits Site; including use of the on-line textbook, worksheets, video, forums, and blogs, inclusive of all content, you acknowledge that you understand and accept the following disclaimer and your responsibilities and liabilities detailed within.
Electricity, applications using electricity and electrical equipment and materials are dangerous and have the potential to kill or severely harm an individual or individuals, and to cause damage to property and possessions. By using the All About Circuits Forums and website, you acknowledge that you understand the potential consequences to yourself and others around you when using electricity and electrical equipment.
ALL THE INFORMATION AND ADVICE PROVIDED AT THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUMS AND ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS SITE IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. ADVICE AND OPINIONS OFFERED ON THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUMS AND BLOGS ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE CONTRIBUTORS AND ARE NOT THE ADVICE OR OPINION OF THE OWNERS, ADMINISTRATORS OR MODERATORS OF ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS.
BY USING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE, AND ANY OTHER SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FROM THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS SITE OR OTHER WEBSITES REFERENCED WITHIN THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUMS, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT HOLD THE OWNERS OF THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS WEBSITE, THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUM ADMINISTRATION AND MODERATORS, OR ANY FORUM MEMBER LIABLE FOR ANY EVENT THAT SHOULD HAPPEN AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THE ADVICE, INFORMATION, OR OPINIONS PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT RESTRICTED TO; INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION TO PROPERTY OR POSSESSIONS, AND LOSS OF MONEY OR PROFITS. ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES, DAMAGES OR LIABILITY, OF ANY KIND, THAT MIGHT ARISE AS A RESULT OF ANY ACTIONS TAKEN BY ANY VISITOR TO THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUMS AND ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS SITE BASED UPON THE ADVICE OR OPINIONS OFFERED.
USE OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED WITHIN THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUMS OR ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS FORUM AND ALL ABOUT CIRCUITS SITE IS "AS-IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF GUARANTEE, OF ANY KIND.
All About Circuits is not responsible for the content of any other website. Use of the content from these websites is entirely at the users own risk and is not necessarily governed by the disclaimer detailed above or the Terms of Service detailed below.
Terms of Service:
1. Appropriate conduct. Debates should be a civil activity and can be both enlightening and entertaining, but always keep discussion to the facts and the opinions. Ad hominem tactics and directed abuse are always "off-topic".
Forum members are responsible for the content of their posts, including information they provide, validity of this information, and any extra content they may append to the post. Illegal or inappropriate discussion or information will be removed. When there is ambiguity in the legal status of a request or reply, the Moderators and Admin will come to a consensus on whether the discussion is appropriate to remain in the public forum.
Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
2. Attachments and supplementary information. Attachments, like the posts to which they are appended, should be relevant to the topic at hand. In the interests of forum members using dial-up, drawings, diagrams or schematics should ideally be in GIF, JPEG or PNG format, not Bitmap. A range of attachment types are available from the "Manage Attachments" dialog.
Attachments containing offensive, illegal or otherwise contentious content are not allowed. Content that may adversely affect another user of the forum, for example malware, is strictly not allowed. The administration at All About Circuits reserves the right to remove any attachment that it feels contravenes this rule.
3. Copyrighted material. When referencing copyrighted material, please provide the relevant credit. In some cases, an intellectual property owner may require they give you permission before you can reprint or reuse their work. In most cases, a link to the original source is acceptable, if applicable.
Please do not make requests for, or post links to, material that otherwise contravenes the conditions of the original or subsequent author's copyright. All instances of such requests will be met firstly with a warning, and secondly with a ban. If you are in doubt raise the issue with a Moderator or Administrator.
4. Advertising and Spam. No commercial advertising or spam of any kind is accepted on the All About Circuits Forums; including but not restricted to forum posts, blog posts, and user signatures. You are permitted to put a commercial link in your user profile as your Home Page URL. If you come across any spam on one of your visits, please do not reply to thread just report it to a member of the moderating team.
5. Role of the Moderators. The Moderators are here to help the membership. If a moderator believes that a question will draw more attention or help in another forum, they may move the thread to draw more responses. If a topic or post has accidentally been duplicated, they will remove the extraneous post. A new topic that repeats a previous topic might be merged for the convenience of the membership. Moderators may also offer occasional encouragement to keep debates civil, should the need arise. When debates become heated the Moderators reserve the right to closed or moderate threads and posts that may be deemed unsuitable in the wider interests of the community.
The Administration and Moderating Team reserves the right to edit your posts, threads, and user information in any way they deem necessary. The Moderators will only do such a thing if there is a reason and such reasons will not be questioned. Reposting content that was removed by The Moderators will result in swift action and a ban.
Although the All About Circuits Administration and Moderation Team will attempt to keep all objectionable posts and threads off this forum, it is impossible for Us to review all messages. Therefore if You come across post or threads that violate Our Terms of Service, or contain any offensive, illegal, or otherwise contentious content on The All About Circuits Forums, please alert a member of the Administration and Moderating Team and we will deal with the offending content. Please report report offending posts using the button.
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
- Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
- Automotive modifications
- Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
- LEDs to mains
- Phone jammers
- Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
- Transformer-less power supplies
If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.
Consequences of Failure to Adhere to the All About Circuits Terms of Service
We do not expect anything less than full co-operation with the rules outlined. If You break a rule, expect consequences. Depending on the circumstances an infraction will result in a standard warning and an e-mail or PM from the Moderating Team. In more severe circumstances the account will be permanently removed from the system and the IP address banned.
These Terms of Service are available from the bottom of every page on the All About Circuits Forums.
All About Circuits