AAC is partnering with Silicon Labs to give away 4 Thunderboard Sense Kits to help with your next design. Each winner will also receive one randomly selected prize of the following: Ecobee3, Nest Learning Thermostat, NanoLeaf – Aurora Smarter Kit, Philips Hue.
Take a look at the information below and don’t forget to enter the contest.
About Thunderboard Sense
Thunderboard Sense is a small and feature packed development platform for battery operated IoT applications. The mobile app enables a quick proof of concept of cloud-connected sensors. The multi-protocol radio combined with a broad selection of onboard sensors, make the Thunderboard Sense an excellent platform to develop and prototype a wide range of battery-powered IoT applications.
More information on getting started with Thunderboard Sense is available on silabs.com
Thunderboard Sense Features:
Wireless Gecko EFR32™
- Sub-GHz to 2.4 GHz wireless SoC
- Multi-protocol radio
- ARM® Cortex® M4 core with 32 kB RAM and 256 kB Flash
- Low Energy Consumption
- Flexible MCU peripheral interfaces
- Segger J-Link Integrated Debugger
- USB CDC virtual serial port
- 8 Mbit SPI ultra low power NOR flash for local storage
- Mobile app for Android and iOS
- iOS app implemented in swift
- Android app implanted in native code
- Source code available at GitHub
Mobile app features
- Beacon notifications
- View sensor data
- Control LEDs and detect button pushes
- Stream sensor data to the cloud
- Data is stored in Firebase
- Web frontend is implemented in ReactJS
- Using Alt.js as the flux implementation
- D3.js for data driven charts
- All source code available
Sensors, I/O, and Misc. Control
- Relative Humidity and Temperature Sensor Si7021
- UV and Ambient Light Sensor Si1133
- Pressure Sensor BMP280
- Indoor Air Quality and Gas Sensor CCS811
- 6-axis Inertial Sensor ICM-20648
- MEMS Microphone SPV1840
- High brightness LEDs
- Hall-effect Sensor (coming soon!)
A weather station closest to home.
Adding a external sdcard and a loud speaker could be the brain for a small biped robot. It could be used as a voice assistance system in a biped robot hardware.
Digital wind chime.