Antenna Design and Testing for Advanced 5G and mmWave Applications
5G technology is advancing rapidly -- and with such advancements, challenges arise. From taking advantage of multi-path signals to achieve fast download speeds with wide coverage to more effective testing in anechoic chambers, engineers need to be aware of the latest developments carrying 5G forward.
This eBook deals with some of the critical challenges and solutions that have risen to the forefront of 5G-related technology.
- 5G’s use of mmWave technology, MIMO (Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) antenna systems, and beamforming using small antenna element arrays
- OTA (Over the Air) testing
- Compact antenna test ranges (CATR)
- EMI/EMC testing
- Anechoic chambers
- Challenges involved with antenna design for 5G
- FR1 (frequency range 1) antennas and the use of 5G mmWave bands.