Industry White Paper
XILINX-BASED System-On-Modules Selector GuideFebruary 01, 2022 by Avnet
- Design it or buy it?
- Explore different SOMs
- Carrier cards & other accessories
- Thermal solutions
Today’s quick time-to-market demands are forcing you to rethink how you design, build, and deploy your products. Typically, it’s faster, less costly, and lower risk to incorporate an off-the-shelf solution instead of designing from the beginning. Xilinx-based System-On-Module (SOM) solutions for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC, Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC and Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC can reduce development times by up to nine months, allowing you to focus your efforts on adding differentiating features and unique capabilities.
Xilinx-based SoC Modules Offer the Following Benefits:
- Reduce risk by building your application upon a known working system
- Get running quickly with example designs, tutorials, and board support packages
- Start software development immediately
- Eliminate costly board re-spins
- Start with proven carrier designs