Maxim Integrated Digital Class-D Amplifier | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Maxim Integrated Digital Class-D Amplifier
Maxim Integrated’s MAX98360 are tiny and cost-effective amplifiers that combine Class D efficiency with industry-leading Class-AB audio performance.
The amplifiers support I2S, left-justified, and TDM digital audio formats and automatically recognize the clocking scheme, eliminating the need for I2C programming and enabling a simple plug-and-play design. The interface accepts up to 32-bit data at sample rates up to 96kHz and is ideal for 1.2V and 1.8V logic while tolerating inputs up to 5.5V.
The MAX98360 is available with or without turn-on and turn-off volume ramping. It also includes EMI-limiting features and a filterless spread-spectrum modulation scheme. The device is packaged in a 9-pin WLP with the pinout optimized for low-cost PCB fabrication.
- Class-D amplifier with Class-AB audio performance
- 0.009% THD+N at 1kHz
- Automatically recognizes PCM and TDM clocking schemes
- No I2C programming, simple plug-and-play design
- Supports I2S, left-justified, and 8-channel TDM formats
- 8kHz to 96kHz sample rates
- Optional 13ms volume ramp at turn-on and turn-off
- 1ms turn-on time with ramp disabled
- Sophisticated Edge Rate Control Enables Filterless Class-D Outputs
- Package: 9-pin WLP (0.4mm pitch)
- 3.69mm2 solution size
- Pinout supports low-cost PCBs
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.