Microchip MPLAB PicKit Circuit Debugger Programmer | Digital Datasheet
Microchip’s MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer allows fast and easy debugging and programming of PIC®, AVR and SAM Microcontrollers, and dsPIC® Digital Signal Controllers using the MPLAB X IDE.
AAC’s Digital Datasheet video series introduces the specs and applications of components—both new and familiar—straight from their datasheets.
MPLAB PICkit 4 In-Circuit Debugger
Microchip’s MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer allows fast and easy debugging and programming of PIC®, AVR and SAM Microcontrollers, as well as dsPIC® Digital Signal Controllers using the MPLAB X IDE. The 8-pin single-in-line connector can be used with advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming Data Gateway Interface or with 2-wire JTAG and In-Circuit Serial Programming™.
MPLAB PICkit features:
- Fast, easy programming of PIC® MCUs and dsPIC® DSCs.
- Supports advanced 4-wire Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) and Serial Wire Debug with streaming Data Gateway Interface.
- Backwards compatible with targets using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP™ programming capability.
- Matches silicon clocking speed to program as fast as the device will allow.
- Target voltage: 1.20V to 5.5V, supplies up to 50mA.
- Programmer-to-Go (PTG) support: powered by target, micro SD card slot holds program data (when available).
The PICkit 4 is based on a 32-bit, 300MHz MCU and automatically matches the clock speed of the target for the fastest programming possible. The PICKit 4 is USB-powered and can program devices from 1.2V to 5.5V while supplying up to 50mA to the target. It also has the ability to be powered from the target and has a micro SD slot to hold program data, which supports programmer-to-go functionality, when available. For more information, visit Microchip.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.