Amphenol Commercial Connectors | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Amphenol Commercial Connectors
Amphenol ICC’s SAS and PCIe 4.0 U.2 and U.3 connectors meet the latest requirements for high-performance storage and PCIe devices in storage servers, mezzanine cards, and external storage systems.
The connectors support PCIe devices with up to 4 ports at 16 gigatransfers per second and SAS and SATA drives at up to 24 gigabits per second. They enable multiple interfaces, mate with unshielded dual-port SFF8680 connectors, and are backward compatible with previous generation connectors.
The connectors also support hot plug applications with staggered length contacts. Contacts are copper alloy with gold over nickel plating. The housing is constructed from high-temperature thermoplastic with molded guideposts to align the connectors and facilitate mating.
Amphenol ICC SAS and PCIe 4.0 Connectors are rated for 500 mating cycles and have stamped clips that provide a robust mechanical connection to the PCB.
- Supports up to 4 port 16GT/s PCIe® based devices and SAS and SATA drives up to 24Gbps
- Enables SFF8630, SFF8680 and SFF8432 interfaces
- Compatibility between unshielded dual and multiport interfaces
- Staggered contact lengths provide sequential contact mating for hot plugging
- Copper alloy contacts with gold over nickel plating
- High-temperature thermoplastic housing with molded guideposts
- Self-aligns connectors during mating
- 500 mating cycles
- Stamped clips provide robust PCB attachment
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.