Microchip High-Performance MCUs | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Microchip High-Performance MCUs
Microchip’s PIC18F Q10 family of high-performance MCUs include analog, core independent, and communication peripherals for low-power real-time control systems.
The PIC18 Q10 family supports 5V operation for increased noise immunity and includes both high precision and low-power internal oscillators. It also includes up to 8 Configurable Logic Cells that can be used to implement custom functionality in hardware.
This is complemented by the hardware-based Core Independent Peripherals that provide a deterministic response, offload tasks from the CPU, and reduce code development and validation time, with CIPs available for safety, waveform generation, communications, and other tasks.
Intelligent analog peripherals include Zero Cross Detect, comparators and a 10-bit ADC with Computation.
- 1.8V to 5.5V operating voltage range
- Internal oscillators
- High-precision, selectable frequencies up to 64MHz
- 32kHz low-power
- Configurable Logic Cells: up to 8
- Implement custom functions in hardware
- Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs): hardware-based peripherals with deterministic response
- Included CIPs: CRC/Memory scan, Windowed Watchdog Timer, Complementary Waveform Generator, and more
- Intelligent Analog: Zero Cross Detect, comparators, 10-bit ADC with computation, and more
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.