SPDIF Interface for Digital Transmission on Devices
Category: Communication Controller
Created: April 12, 2004
Updated: January 27, 2020
Other project properties
Development Status: Stable
Additional info: Design done, FPGA proven, Specification done
WishBone compliant: Yes
WishBone version: n/a
The SPDIF interface (Standard IEC958 "Digital audio interface") allows transmission of digital audio signals between devices in a digital format. The goal of this project is to allow a controller/cpu with Wishbone interface to transmit and receive digital audio.
- Separate transmitter and receiver
- Dual sample buffer architecture with configurable buffer size
- Access to channel status and subframe bits
- Supports both 16bit and 32bit data bus
- SPDIF Interface V1.1 has been released.