High Performance Image Warping/Texture Mapping Core
Category: Video Controller
Created: June 26, 2008
Updated: January 27, 2020
Other project properties
Development Status: Beta
Additional info: Design done, FPGA proven, Specification done
WishBone compliant: No
WishBone version: n/a
Texture mapping unit tailored for Milkdrop acceleration.
This core was designed for Milkymist, a highly integrated opensource VJing platform. See the project page at http://www.milkymist.org. A complete description of the core is available in the Milkymist documentation.
- High performance. Area-optimized implementation reaches 30MPixels/s in a fully running Virtex-4 based SoC with VGA output enabled.
- Low resource usage (approx. 20% of XC4VLX25 slices).
- High clock frequency (SoC meets timing at 100MHz in XC4VLX25).
- Objects are triangle meshes.
- Fade-to-black (decay) feature.
- eGPL license
To be implemented :
- Bilinear filtering.
- Alpha blending.
Working in Milkymist... see video demonstration at http://milkymist.org/pictures.html