Microchip CryptoAuth Trust Platform Kit | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Microchip CryptoAuth Trust Platform Kit
Microchip Technology’s CryptoAuth Trust Platform Development Kit includes multiple secure elements that developers can evaluate to easily add hardware security to connected devices, even in low volumes. The kit includes the Trust&GO, TrustFLEX, and TrustCUSTOM devices, offering a range of simplicity and flexibility.
Each has a unique I2C address and connects to the SAM D21 MCU, which is pre-programmed with the kit’s protocol firmware. The MCU is also connected to the kit’s mikroBUS headers for hardware expansion.
The CryptoAuth Trust Platform Development kit includes a dual-port USB hub that connects the MCU and the embedded debugger to the PC, and the kit is supported in both MPLAB X and Atmel Studio 7.
- 3 Secure Elements:
- Different I2C address for each secure element to eliminate line contention
- SAM D21 MCU
- Connects to secure elements via I2C
- Pre-programmed with Microchip’s PSG kit protocol
- Supports mikroBUS for easy connection to MikroElectronika add-on boards
- Dual port USB Hub: connects MCU and nEDBG On-board Debugger to host PC
- Compatible with Microchip Development Platforms - MPLABX and Atmel Studio 7
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.