Xilinx Evaluation Kit | New Product BriefJanuary 20, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Xilinx Evaluation Kit
Xilinx’s VCU129 Evaluation Kit is based on a Virtex UltraScale+ VU29P FGPA and designed for developing 56G PAM4 applications. The FPGA integrates 48 GTM 56Gbps PAM4 transceivers and 32 GTY 28Gbps transceivers. The evaluation kit provides multiple 56G and 28G interfaces, including SFP56, OSFP, QSFPDD, BullsEye Gen2, SMK, SFP28, and QSFP28.
The board also has a gigabit ethernet port, a PCIe Gen3 interface, onboard memories, and a 16GB DDR4 DIMM. It’s ideal for developing 5G infrastructure, data center, and test and measurement applications. The FPGA also features low power consumption and a lidless design for optimum cooling and use in thermally-constrained environments.
The VCU129 evaluation kit also includes a license for Xilinx’s Vivado design suite.
- Virtex UltraScale+ VU29P
- 48x GTM 56Gbps PAM4 transceivers
- 32x GTY 28Gbps transceivers
- 56G interfaces: SFP56, OSFP, QSFPDD, BullsEye Gen2, SMK
- 28G interfaces: SFP28 and QSFP28
- Additional hardware: Gigabit ethernet, PCIe Gen3 interface, 16GB DDR4 DIMM
- Onboard memories: 288MB RLDRAM3, 2GB QSPI Flash
- Low power consumption and lidless package enable use in thermally constrained environments
- Includes license for Vivado Design Suite: System Edition
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.