Xilinx SP701 Evaluation Kit | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Xilinx SP701 Evaluation Kit
Xilinix’s SP701 Evaluation Kit is optimized for sensor fusion applications in industrial networking, embedded vision, automotive designs, and other edge applications.
The kit is based on the Spartan-7 XC7S100 FPGA with 102k logic cells and 400 available I/O pins, with a pre-configured MicroBlaze application processor, real-time processors, and MCU example designs. I/O expansion includes 6 Pmod connectors and an FMC LPC interface.
Video interfaces include MIPI CSI, DSI, and HDMI, and the board also offers two ethernet connectors. The evaluation kit adds memory including 4Gb of DDR3L DRAM, 1Gb of Quad-SPI Flash, and 32Kb of I2C EEPROM.
The kit includes a Xilinx Vivado Design Suite license and various IP licenses and is also supported by the Xilinx SDK and PetaLinux tools.
- FPGA: Spartan-7 XC7S100 with 102K logic cells, 400 available I/O pins
- Pre-configured example designs: MicroBlaze application processor, real-time processor, and microcontroller
- Expansion interfaces: 6x Pmod, 1x VITA 57.1 FMC LPC
- Video interfaces: MIPI CSI, DSI, and HDMI
- Memory: 4Gb DDR3L, 1Gb Quad-SPI Flash, 32Kb I2C EEPROM
- Licenses: Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, MIPI CSI and MIPI DSI IP, Tri-mode Ethernet MAC IP
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.