Panasonic Pan1780 RF Module | Tech Specs
This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Panasonic Pan1780 RF Module
The PAN1780 is based on Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF52840 SoC with an Arm Cortex®-M4F, 256KB of RAM, and 1MB of flash. This allows developers to use the module in stand-alone mode, eliminating the complexity, space, and cost of an external processor.
The PAN1780 series Bluetooth 5 module supports data rates up to 2 megabits-per-second, can connect over longer distances at lower data rates, and supports Type 2 NFC. It also includes an Arm TrustZone Cryptocell 310 and supports Secure Boot, providing robust security in IoT applications.
The PAN1780 offers very low current consumption and has the same compact footprint as the PAN1026A and PAN1762 modules.
- Nordic nRF52840 SoC: 64MHz Arm Cortex®-M4F, 256KB RAM, 1MB Flash
- Standalone-mode eliminates complexity, space, and cost of external processor
- Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy Including LE 2M And LE Coded PHY, Thread and Zigbee 802.15.4 mesh capability
- Type 2 NFC (NFC-A) for simplified pairing and payment solutions
- Includes Arm TrustZone Cryptocell 310 and supports Secure Booth including Root of Trust
- Dimensions: 15.6 mm x 8.7 mm x 2.1 mm, same footprint as PAN1026A, PAN1762
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.