Minimac - The Minimalist Ethernet MAC
Category: Communication Controller
Created: August 06, 2010
Updated: January 27, 2020
Other project properties
Development Status: Beta
Additional info: Design done, FPGA proven, Specification done
WishBone compliant: Yes
WishBone version: n/a
This core is part of the Milkymist System-on-Chip, the most advanced open source SoC for interactive multimedia applications.
- Minimal 10/100 Ethernet MAC.
- Only full duplex support for now.
- DMA support (Wishbone master)
- Packets are streamed to and from system memory to minimize costly on-chip storage.
- Directly connects to standard MII PHYs.
- Bit-banged MDIO