OMRP Prototype Board V2
Category: Prototype Board
Created: July 27, 2008
Updated: January 27, 2020
Other project properties
Development Status: Alpha
WishBone compliant: No
WishBone version: n/a
OMRP (Openpattern Modular Routing Platform) is the first product-oriented project of the OpenPattern company. The target is to create a new open hardware FPGA-based network router that can be used for mesh wifi networks, as an alternative of ISPs home-gateway, and as a development platform for future open-hardware SoC projects.
- Open hardware - schematics and HDL sources will be/are released.
- Flexible - implement whatever hardware acceleration or protocol you want in the FPGA.
- Modular - many standard extension ports are implemented.
- Unbrickable - everything (filesystem, kernel, ...) is stored on a SD card you can easily replace.
- Developer-friendly - even FPGA configuration is stored on the SD card, you don't need any special hardware to get into FPGA development.
- Xilinx XC3S1200E FPGA used as system-on-chip
- 32 Mo SDRAM
- 1x Mini PCI connector
- 2x 10/100 Ethernet PHY
- 1x USB peripheral port
- 2x USB host port
- 2x SDIO connector
The board is not available yet. For more information and updates, visit http://www.openpattern.org