FastMemoryLink Minimal VGA Framebuffer Controller
Category: Video Controller
Created: August 06, 2010
Updated: January 27, 2020
Other project properties
Development Status: Stable
Additional info: Design done, FPGA proven, Specification done
WishBone compliant: No
WishBone version: n/a
This core is part of the Milkymist System-on-Chip, the most advanced open source SoC for interactive multimedia applications.
- Minimal VGA framebuffer core
- RGB565 16bpp
- Directly drives a 3x8-bit DAC and sync signals.
- Fully configurable timings and resolution
- Multiple buffering support with buffer switch during the blanking interval to prevent tearing artifacts.
- Milkymist CSR and FML bus interfaces.
- Two asynchronous clock domains - VGA and system.
- Bit-banged DDC interface.