3M Water-Resistant Boot, 378 Series | Tech Specs
This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
3M Water-Resistant Boot, 378 Series
The 3M Water-resistant Boot, 378 Series requires no heat source or electronic tools to install and provides IP67 protection. An IP67 ratings means that it is protected against dust and other particulates and can also be submerged in water for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter. This boot can fit cables with diameters between 2.5 and 6 millimeters (or between 0.1 and 0.24 inches) and can be easily installed in the field. The boot is transparent which allows the connection to be visually inspected during operation. Its simple installation allows users to quickly and correctly install the boots only where protection is needed, leading to lower material costs. The 3M water-resistant boot, 378 series has many applications which include factory and production line automation, automated warehouses, and control systems in homes and buildings.
- No heat source or electronic tools required for installation
- IP67 protection: water-resistant, dust-proof
- Wide range of cable diameters: 2.5mm to 6.0mm (0.10 to 0.24 inches)
- Simple installation procedure helps to minimize human error
- Helps to minimize overall network system cost by providing IP67 protection only where needed
- Applications: Factory and Production line Automation, Warehouse Automation, Control systems in homes and buildings
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.