AVX IDC Press-Fit Connector
Specifically developed for critical automotive and transportation systems, the new, off-the-shelf 53-8702 series wire-to-board connector system from AVX combines dual, cold-welded terminations for extreme applications.
Press-Fit pin technology has been used for over 15 years in multiple automotive systems, including safety, engine management, ADAS, sensors, and more. This new connector also integrates gas-tight IDC technology for terminating solid and stranded wires reliability to a PCB in harsh applications.
These low pin count connectors can replace costly hand-soldered wire-to-board connections. The connectors use fatigue-resistant phosphor bronze contact material in both single and dual row configurations with up to 8 positions to support cost-sensitive in-cabin electronics and harsh exterior electrical connections.
Variants are available for discrete 18 to 24 AWG wires, with a current rating up to 10A. AVX 53-8702 series connectors have a -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range.
- Reliable for the life of a vehicle
- High reliability, cold-welded IDC wire termination and Press-fit (compliant pin) technology
- One-piece connector replaces costly two-piece solutions and hand soldering of discrete wires
- Redundant, dual phosphor bronze contacts provide fatigue-resistant terminations over a wide temperature and deflection range
- Rated current up to 10A
- -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.