Molex Perma-Seal Terminals | Tech SpecsJanuary 31, 2019 by TTI, Inc
Molex Perma-Seal terminals and splices can withstand all that and more, and they’re available for wire sizes 8 to 22 gauge.
This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Molex Perma-Seal Terminals
Molex Perma-Seal terminals and splices can withstand a wide range of environmental hazards and they’re available for wire sizes 8 to 22 gauge. The Perma-Seal family uses a crimp on, heat-shrinkable NiAc insulator with a hot melt adhesive on the inner wall. This third generation NiAc insulator is thicker and shrinks faster than competing insulators, and the adhesive melts and flows as the insulator shrinks around the wire, filling any voids and sealing the connection. The connection is then insulated, protected, and sealed against physical abuse, abrasion, water, salt, and a whole workbench of corrosive chemicals.
- Available for wire sizes 8 to 22 AWG
- Third generation NiAc insulator
- Hot melt adhesive fills voids, heals splits from crimping
- Significantly thicker wall than polyolefin or nylon for excellent durability
- Shrinks up to 40% faster for lower installation cost and reduced risk of wire insulation damage
- Protects against physical abuse, abrasion, water, salt, and other corrosive compounds
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.