NXP Semiconductors SE050 Development Kit
NXP Semiconductors SE050 Development Kit is a prototyping platform for NXP’s SE050 EdgeLock Plug & Trust Secure Element family.
The SE050 secure element provides the IC-level reliability and edge-to-cloud security for IoT devices without the need to write security code. The development kit communicates with the host using the I2C interface, with commands wrapping using the Smartcard T=1 over I2C protocol.
The board can be plugged into an Arduino-compatible MCU board, or connected to any other board using the I2C header. Sensors and other peripherals are connected to a separate I2C master interface, accessible through the 10-pin and DB15 headers.
The DB15 header can also be used to bypass the onboard antenna connected to the SE050’s contactless interface.
- EdgeLock SE050
- Provides reliability at the IC level
- Edge-to-cloud security without writing security code
- I2C communication with host MCU
- Smartcard T=1 over I2C (T=1oI2C) protocol
- Arduino-R3 header
- External I2C connector
- I2C master interface for connecting sensors and peripherals
- Accessible through 10-pin and DB15 headers
- Onboard antenna for ISO/IEC 14443 contactless interface
- External antenna connection through DB15 header
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.