Ricoh Electronics LDO Voltage Regulators
The Ricoh Electronic Devices R5116 series of power management ICs integrate a high accuracy regulator and window voltage detector designed to power MCUs in high-reliability applications.
The IC operates from a 3.5V to 42V input and can tolerate load dump transients up to 60V, making it ideal for automotive applications. The regulators can output 500mA at 3.3V to 5.0V, and the output voltage and detector thresholds are set by laser trimming for high accuracy. A fast transient response keeps the output voltage stable and prevents false detection of over- or undervoltage conditions.
The R5116 series includes various protection features and is available in consumer, industrial, and automotive grade variants.
- Input Voltage Range: 3.5V to 42V
- 60V/200ms load dump transient tolerant
- Output: 500mA, 3.3V to 5.0V (internally set)
- Output voltage, detector thresholds set by laser trimming
- Accuracy: -1.25% to +0.75%
- Excellent regulator transient response prevents false over/undervoltage detection
- Thermal shutdown, overcurrent, and short-circuit protections
- Consumer, industrial, and automotive-grade variants
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.