ON Semiconductor LDO Regulator | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
ON Semiconductor LDO Regulator
ON Semiconductor’s NCP171 LDO Regulator is a dual-mode low dropout regulator ideal for long-life battery-powered wireless applications.
In the active mode, the NCP171 can deliver up to 80mA, and in low-power mode, the regulator can output 5mA with a 50nA quiescent current. The operating mode is selected using the ECO pin, allowing for dynamic mode switching.
The NCP171 operates from a 1.7V to 5.5V input and has a single fixed output ranging from 0.8V to 3.3V. The regulator also has a factory-programmed voltage offset to lower the output voltage in low-power mode for additional power savings.
The device is packaged in a 1.2mm x 1.2mm XDFN, offering a tiny footprint for space-constrained designs.
- Dual-mode operation:
- Active mode: 80mA output, 55µA IQ (no load)
- Low-power mode: 5mA output, 50nA IQ (no load)
- Operating mode externally controlled by ECO pin
- Input voltage range: 1.7V to 5.5V
- Low Dropout: 41mV typical at 80mA (VOUT = 3.3V)
- Output Voltage: 0.8V to 3.3V
- Low-power output offset: 50mV to 200mV
- Reduces output voltage in low-power mode
- Package: 1.2mm x 1.2mm x 0.4mm
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.