ON Semiconductor Class-D Audio Amplifier | New Product BriefFebruary 14, 2020 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
ON Semiconductor Class-D Audio Amplifier
ON Semiconductor’s ONA10IV is a 16W filterless Class D audio amplifier that provides improved audio amplification in battery-powered devices, as well as smart speakers and IoT devices. The ONA10IV accepts digital audio input in PCM or PDM formats with sampling rates up to 96kHz.
It integrates ADCs to sense the speaker voltage and current and optimize the audio system based on the speaker’s frequency-dependent impedance. Up to 8 amplifiers can share the digital audio interface, and the speaker offers fast automatic gain control with a dedicated bus that synchronizes AGC between devices.
The ONA10IV can be powered from a regulated 5.5V to 14V supply, but it also includes an LDO that allows direct connection to a 2- or 3-cell battery.
- Digital audio interface:
- Selectable PCM or PDM format
- 16kHz to 96kHz audio sampling rates
- Speaker Voltage & Current Sense
- Up to 20 kHz Bandwidth
- Dynamic range: 81dBA Voltage, 71dBA Current
- Audio interface can be shared by up to 8 devices through I2C control
- Fast Automatic Gain Control
- Reacts within 10µs for brownout protection
- Dedicated bus (MAGC) synchronizes AGC between multiple devices
- PVDD Power Supply: 5.5V to 14V
- Integrated LDO allows direct connection to 2S or 3S battery
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.