TE Connectivity Chipconnect Internal Faceplate-to-Processor Cable Assemblies
TE Connectivity's Chipconnect internal faceplate-to-processor cable assemblies enable Intel’s Omni-Path Architecture for data centers and high-performance computing. The cables reduce design cost by mating directly to the processor socket to provide 25 Gbps per lane to the faceplate over the cable, rather than routing through costly, low-loss PCB materials. Assemblies are offered in various lengths and with straight and right-angle linear edge connectors that connect to the LGA 3647 socket, and one- or two-port versions are available, providing up to 8 high-speed data lanes. TE Chipconnect uses TE’s 85 Ω TurboTwin cables, which include latching mechanisms to secure the connection.
- Reduces host board trace lengths and PCB cost
- Straight and right-angle (left/right exit) LEC receptacles
- LEC receptacles for LGA 3647 socket P1 (A receptacle) and P0 (B receptacle)
- Data lanes: 4x (one port), 8x (two port)
- Bail latch with pull tab on LEC plug and spring latching on IFP plug
- Cable: 85 Ω, 30 AWG TurboTwin 25 Gbps primary pair cable
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.