Coilcraft High Voltage Molded Power Inductors | Component Highlights
The Component Highlights series provides a rundown of a component's specs and intended applications.
Coilcraft High Voltage Molded Power Inductors
Coilcraft high voltage molded power inductors enable greater power conversion efficiency in high-frequency applications with large ripple currents. The XEL4010V, 4020V, and 4030V series inductors are rated for 120-volt operation, 50% higher than standard parts, while low DCR and ultra-low AC losses improve efficiency in high switching frequency power converters.
All series have a 4.0 x 4.0 mm footprint, with heights from 1.2 to 3.2 mm. Their composite construction provides soft saturation characteristics, minimizes audible buzzing, and provides magnetic shielding, enabling their use in high-density designs or near sensitive circuits.
Inductors are available from 92 nH to 6.8 µH, with current ratings up to 33.2A. The inductors don’t exhibit thermal aging and are AEC-Q200 Grade 1 qualified, making them ideal for automotive applications and other harsh environments.
- Operating voltage: 0 – 120 V, 50% higher than standard inductors
- Low DCR and low AC losses maximize efficiency in 2 to 5 MHz switching converters
- DImensions: 4.0 x 4.0 mm footprint, 1.2 – 3.2 mm height
- Composite construction: soft saturation, minimized audible buzzing, magnetic shielding
- Inductance values: 92 nH to 6.8 µH (current ratings up to 33.2A)
- AEC-Q200 Grade 1 qualified (−40°C to +125°C)
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.